Sunday, March 7, 2010

Science Blog 16

1. If I could go back in time I would tell myself about selective breedingl. I would tell myself that you can only do selected breeding with animals that have almost the same amount of chromosomes. I would tell myself this because I think that it would've helped me understand the concept of selective breeding a lot easier.


2. I think to help with this concept we could try to breed different types of small animals with different amounts of chromosomes and then we can also breed animals with about the same amount of chromosomes. We could do that because it would explain that you can only breed two different species with the same chromosomes. An example we came up with is a liger is a mixture of a lion and tiger because they have about the same amount of chromosomes. If we tried to breed a lion and dog it wouldnt work because they dont have the same amount of chromosomes.


3.

If you look at the dog chromosomes and the cat chromosomes you can tell that they cannot breed because the dog has 78 chromosomes and the cat only has 38.




No comments:

Post a Comment