Saturday, December 19, 2009

Science Blog 13

1. This week we learned about the process of protien synthesis. We also learned about the organelles again. We all made analogies comparing a cell and something that we thought was like a cell in some sort of way. I learned that the process of protien synthesis goes like this..
First the DNA gets a message. The mRNA then gives that message to the rbosomes. The ribosomes solve that message and tell the amino acids what they have to do. They DNA unzips and the amino acids match up with a base. Three bases put together form a codon. Finally, the codon makes RNA.

2. I learned about the process of protein synthesis by playing this game in class. Different students acted as different organelles and we acted out the process of protiensynthesis. I think participating in this game really helped me learn about proteinsynthesis. I learned about the organelles by making an analogy. I think that this helped me learn about them because I really had to think about the organelles and their functions to make a correct analogy.

3. This is important to know because it will really help me be more prepared for the test on Monday. It is also important to know about these things because they will help me in future scientific investigations because i will be able to identify protiensynthesis and also identify the different types of organelles.

No comments:

Post a Comment